Online payment gateways make it easy for customers to pay for goods and services online. They are usually integrated into an e-commerce solution and provide the back-end infrastructure to accept different digital payment forms, verified paypal account for sale. Online payment gateways can be demanding when it comes to integration, but you should always consider choosing one that offers the following features:
A payment gateway is a solution that authorizes and processes payments between a customer and a merchant.
A payment gateway is a solution that authorizes and processes payments between a customer and a merchant. A payment gateway acts as the middleman between the customer and the merchant, which means that it’s responsible for authorizing transactions, handling security measures like authentication and encryption, processing credit card information, collecting revenue on behalf of merchants, storing data securely and releasing funds to merchants once you’ve been paid.
Features of an online payment gateway
Here are some things to consider when choosing an online payment gateway.
- The amount of money that a company charges you per transaction.
- The features the system provides. For example, if there is no way to add coupons or discount codes, it may not be very useful for your business.
- If it integrates with other systems—for example, Magento or WooCommerce. This will make it easier for customers to pay through your site without having to go elsewhere and create accounts on another platform before being able to make purchases from you online or offline (if applicable).
Online payment gateway security
Most online payment gateways are PCI compliant. This means they follow strict security standards, like regularly updating their software and keeping all customer data secure. They also use encryption (SSL) and tokenization to keep your information safe. Online payment gateways also use 3D secure, AVS (address verification system), and other tools to ensure that your transactions are as secure as possible.
# Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council (PCI SSC)
The PCI Security Standards Council is an independent organization created to manage and oversee data security standards for merchants. The council’s goal is to protect the integrity of payment card networks and create a more secure shopping experience for consumers.
# PCI compliance
PCI compliance refers to the set of standards that merchants must follow to protect credit card data. The PCI SSC and other governing bodies such as Visa, MasterCard and American Express enforce these standards. You can achieve PCI compliance in several ways:
How is an online payment gateway reliable?
To make sure that a payment gateway is reliable, you can do the following:
- Research the payment gateway. Check their website, look at their testimonials and reviews, and see if they have any social media accounts.
- Make sure there’s a guarantee on their service. If something goes wrong with your checkout process and you’re unable to complete it due to an error caused by them, they should refund any payments made so far or offer a credit for future purchases until things are resolved. This also shows that they’re willing to stand by what they’re selling as being dependable (and not just using a boilerplate response like “we can’t guarantee anything” or “we’ll do our best”).
- Look for transparent pricing structures and easy-to-integrate solutions from reputable providers who have been in business long enough to prove their reliability over time through positive customer experiences shared online via word-of-mouth marketing campaigns or other means of communication such as social media platforms like Facebook or Twitter, where users discuss things like this regularly over tea on Friday nights before bedtime.”
UK credit card fraud statistics 2019
Card fraud is a problem that all businesses face, but it’s especially problematic in the UK. According to the latest data from the Payments Council, 1 in every £10 spent on a card in the UK is lost to fraudsters—the highest rate of all European countries surveyed.
While it’s true that such figures don’t account for each country’s unique characteristics—for example, it may be riskier for banks to accept credit cards in some areas than others due to increased fraud rates or other factors—they show how significant an issue this is for both businesses and merchants.
That said, while card fraud rates are higher than they’ve been in recent years (and rising), they aren’t currently at an all-time high; rather, they reached their peak around 2006/2007 when losses were estimated at £2 billion per year ($2.6 billion). This indicates that there has been some improvement since then—but perhaps not enough.
There are many online payment gateways to choose from, but the best ones are easy to integrate, affordable and offer strong fraud prevention tools.
There are many online payment gateways to choose from, but the best ones are easy to integrate, affordable and offer strong fraud prevention tools. Here’s a look at some common online payment gateway providers.
So, now that you know more about online payment gateways and how to choose one for your business, what are you waiting for? Trust us if you need help with this process, verified paypal account for sale—we’ve got your back. Our team of experts is ready to assist in any way they can!